banner

Home Our Chapter Events News Membership Contact Us

Our Chapter

RHO Chapter’s History:

In March 1956, Rho Chapter became the first Middlewest Chapter to be chartered and in April 1956 the Middlewest Region was officially organized.

homergphillipshosp


On March 30, 1956, ten Registered Nurses met at the residence of Homer G. Phillips Hospital, 2516 Goode Street, St. Louis, Missouri, with joined purposes of becoming charter members and creating a local St.Louis chapter of the Chi Eta Phi Sorority, Inc.® (CEP). The ten nurses that went on to form RHO Chapter of the CEP Sorority are:

Mrs. Mellie Edwards
Miss. Ophelia Clark
Mrs. Myrtle K. Hines
Mrs. Doris Minter
Mrs. Barbara Herriford
Mrs. Rubye L. Johnson
Mrs. Jean Dowdy
Mrs. Martell Broyles
Mrs. Mary L. Jacquet
Mrs. Helen Wallace


RHO Chapter continues to be a well respected group that has exemplified the CEP Sorority’s motto “Service for Humanity